Friday, February 12, 2010

Greetings! Welcome to the second blog of my life. For years, I have been intending to create a blog about the epic training that goes into becoming a doctor, specifically a family doctor, but instead life and procrastination took over. However, I am now on my way to Africa for the second time--this time to Tanzania. For some reason, travel causes us to stop and reflect more than we usually do. Looking back to the early days of blogging, my previous journal still exists from my adventures in Cameroon in 2004. Check it out at: http://cameroonjackie.xanga.com/ It's fun to look at this. I am now 6 years older, braving a trip to the dry continent with longer hair and without nuns to welcome me. I am now on the other side of the mountain of called medical school. I am also married and taking my husband with me. I guess I can no longer call myself "Cameroon Jackie," but perhaps the goal of this blog is to define what else I can call myself these days other than a family medicine resident.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jackie -
    My prayers are with you and Jason. Thanks so much setting up a blog for this trip - I truly enjoyed reading "Cameroon Jackie" back before I even really knew what a blog was. Very much looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jackie, wishing you guys an awesome and safe trip. Looking forward to the read. Don't worry we will try to keep the plants alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful, amazing, enlightening, fun, and safe trip my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to following your adventures in Tanzania! Sending you lots of peace and love from the Ecuadorian Equator!

    ReplyDelete